Saturday, April 05, 2008

Tags Here and There

As I said somewhere in a comment to a post, I don’t necessarily pass on tags. People do tags for three things: The link, the recognition of others and the getting-to-know-you.

The Link

The link is important because it increases one’s ranking in google, technorati and izea. If not for monetization, at least it is something of a moral booster. When you put a link directing to someone else’s site, it is one way of giving them recognition. And if they happen to monitor their links, expect a return visit.

Some people enjoy doing and making tags just for the links and the rankings. It is not really a bad practice, but it is annoying to some. So my solution, especially if there are too many tags, is to lump them in one post, or do them weeks apart.

Recognition of Others

You might have seen them in the blogosphere. Awards are given like pies here and there and we tend to wonder why. So we follow some links and are just amused, if not disappointed.

But some take these awards seriously and is cautious when giving them out. They give what is rightfully due to others, and when you follow the link, you’ll certainly agree with the recognition.

The Social Aspect

Example you are tagged to list 25 things you want your readers to know about you. This is one of those getting-to-know-you tag. One cannot just be cloaked in anonymity forever and just jumble words to comply with the tag.

Here are two tags for link and getting-to-know-you:

How Happy Am I? It depends. When I answered this quiz many Saturday mornings ago, which is by the way a tag by Norm two months ago, I was 72% happy. Why not a hundred? It’s just what I felt right at the moment I took the quiz. But don’t pity me.




You Are 72% Happy



You are a very happy person. Generally, you feel content and that all is right with the world.

Occasionally, you have a down day - but you have the ability to pick yourself right back up.



This next tag comes from Kris aka nightdreamer. 10 randoms things about me.

1. I am a leftie.
2. I know how to play tops and catch it in my palm while it is spinning in the air.
3. A classmate and I wrote a choose-your-own-adventure sequel to the “Little Prince” and submitted is as our English project in high school.
4. I got into trouble with a teacher when she accused me of throwing a crumpled paper at her while she wrote something on the blackboard. I swear it wasn’t me.
5. I am a subscriber of “Fortune” magazine
6. My office desk is so cluttered.
7. I’m a badminton addict (semi-retired)
8. My favorite football team is Chelsea FC.
9. I am a fan of Roger Federer and I cheer on every player opposite Rafa.
10. I watch Marimar (Marian Rivera version)

For the above two tags, I’m passing them on to the Istorya bloggers: Rhodz, Weli, Blurem, Paul, Empress, Tiborsho and Mai.

Guys, this is just a break from your money-making and key word optimization projects. So, tag on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! .. giving luv this summer.. sounds cool.. :).. i'm more than willing to give luv also..